The REACH system is a system of chemicals based on compulsory registration of chemical substances, the assessment of technical documentation and assessment of substance, permitting the use of substances for the production and marketing, as well as establishing the European Chemicals Agency based in Helsinki, Finland.
Regulation (EC) 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council of 18 December 2006 concerning the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) and the present European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) is not only chemical but also many other industries have often indirect contact with chemicals such as textiles, mining, tobacco industry, paper industry, plastics industry, construction industry, automotive industry, pharmaceutical industry, defense industry, as well: power electronics, office supplies, detergents, cosmetics, laboratory reagents, toys, paints and varnishes, dyes and many others.
The basic elements of the REACH system, on which the entire procedure are:
Registration under REACH (pre-registration and registration proper) – each manufacturer or importer of a substance on its own or in one or more preparations or substances in articles in quantities of 1 tonne per year, is obliged to register the substance to ECHA .
From 1 December 2008, registered substances can neither be produced in the EU or imported into its territory.
Permissions and restrictions – REACH introduces a special procedure for authorizing the use of certain substances such as very high concern (ie substances classified as CMR) and a number of restrictions on production, marketing and use of certain substances (Annex XVII).
- Needs analysis within your business, determine the place of your company in the supply chain, companies define the obligations arising from Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 REACH, develop a list of substances manufactured, imported, and chemicals used in your company require registration proper, who and when should its done
- Aid in the interpretation of the provisions of REACH, the preparation of documents, evaluation of the duties of the company and its documentation.
- Ongoing consultation and support for companies at every stage, audits at suppliers, manufacturers, aid in the interpretation of legislative requirements, as the company has to cope with new responsibilities in the light of EU legislation and national cooperation with the authorities that control
- Assistance to manufacturers, importers of substances to register full, prepare and submit the registration dossier, chemical safety assessments, develop a chemical safety report and exposure scenarios for specific applications
- Help downstream users who use chemicals in the manufacture of its products, in the process of cleaning or other purposes. If the supplier of the substance does not register it for specific applications relevant to the downstream user, can he make a recording (exposure scenario developed for the application, complete the necessary documentation)
- Support the implementation of the requirements and obligations under the REACH Regulation on the following issues: informing the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) in Helsinki on quantitative changes in the production or import, new information about substances, preparation of documents relating to the safe marketing and use of chemicals, registration obligations (update the registration dossier), completing and complementing the information and documents related to the production and marketing of hazardous chemicals and REACH imposed by national legislation
- Notification to ECHA SVHC in articles in accordance with Article. 7.2 REACH
- Consultations on the implementation of necessary research and identify GLP laboratories in Europe, offer assistance in selecting laboratories
- Negotiations on your behalf or as a representative of your team within the Information Exchange Fora (SIEF) for data exchange, sharing of costs of research, joint registration
- Assessment of PBTs (persistent, bioaccumulative and toxic) and vPvB (very persistent and having a very bioaccumulative)